Welcome to the September 2021 update for StackBlitz! There are a lot of great upgrades & fixes in this version that we hope you will like, some of the key highlights include:
- New frameworks supported
- Database support in WebContainer
- DX & compatibility improvements/fixes
Want to try new features as soon as possible? Come join our Discord community and try the latest updates as soon as they are available.
Now, without further ado:
New frameworks and tooling support
- Added the official NuxtJS starter to the homepage and the dashboard
- Added support for Parcel 1.x
- Added minimal support for SQLite3
- Added support for Astro
DX & compatibility improvements and fixes
Expanded configuration in
- Added the
envproperty to the
.stackblitzrcconfig file to allow defining environment variables
- Added opt-in support for the dynamic imports in CJS by setting
ENABLE_CJS_IMPORTSenvironment variable to
zenmode=1query param support for starting with minimalistic UI in embeds
- Added dedicated icons for the
- Added the Monaco grammar and emmet support for Astro file format
- Upgraded Prettier to from 1 to 2.4
- Enabled Prettier for more file types, including HTML, Markdown, JSON and Vue
- Improved title handling for GitHub importer to better describe imported projects
cpcommand to JSH (terminal)
- Properly handle
exitin the terminal [issue]
- Added the link to the documentation page with a more in-depth description to the unsupported browser message
Platform upgrades & bug fixes
- Fixed issues with forking webcontainer-based projects
- Fixed TypeScript language service failing to find files with special characters (e.g.
- Fixed an issue with Turbo not updating package.json correctly
- Fixed binary files inference, and added debounce to their upload
- Auto-open preview for URLs for port of lower number than the current one.
This fixes an issue when e.g. a preview was being displayed for a HMR port instead for an actual app.
- Lots of improvements to our documentation – including the Getting Started section
- Reduced size of Turbo installations
Last but not least, a huge thank you to all of our community members and StackBlitz core team members who made this month's release possible! ❤️
We have some big announcements coming out over the next few months so stay tuned for the latest on our Twitter @stackblitz and our Discord community. See you there!